What the day may bring…part III

I walked straight to ER 4, opened the door, and went to see my baby boy…who is now a 25 year old man, but still my baby! I went and looked at his hand…can you believe it???? I did & normally…I would not…I would pass out! But, I was on a mission….I had to see how bad it was. Now, it was not pretty. It was charred from the gun powder, busted wide open..but he had all of his fingers and his thumb was still attached. Thank-you God for his blessing!!! He was in pain, but handling it. He said….look that gun about blew my hand off, my hand is messed up. He also said that if he did not have bad luck he would have none at all!!! I told him, I know…but be thankful that you still have a hand, a face and all of your fingers. Then X-ray come in & take films. They call in the ortho doctor. In the mean time, I talk to Cole and ask him what hand he wipes with…he is a lefty on  many things…writing, eating. We are in luck..he is a righty on that! It’s been a long time on that one! The DR. comes in & tells us that he will need surgery. The metacarpal joint is crushed and he will have to put in a plate and screws. He will also have to clean out any foreign material he finds. You could see the small slivers of wood from the forearm of the gun as well as metal from the gun. Cole has gotten pain meds at this time and is out of some pain. By 1:00 we are in ER holding area. They get him ready and take him to surgery. Winston left to get his dogs put back in the pens for him. Cole is worried about his dogs! It will be a few hours of surgery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive