Vacation 2012 “Happy 4th”

IMG_6227

 

 

IMG_6436

 

As usual we decided to go to the Suwannee River for the fourth, and as usual……we have to wait until the last minute to book. We found a place and were lucky enough to get it booked! And then, Hurricane Debbie decided she would dump 32 inches of rain on the Live Oak area that feeds into the Suwannee. And many other places received many inches as well!

Last year the Suwannee was so low that we had to idle in many parts due to rocks, this year, it is flooded! But the house we are staying in is on higher ground.

We drove two vehicle’s this time, of course he left about and hour before I did, he and Kylie! She told me that she loved me very much, but that she really like Papa's music and so she wanted to ride with him!!! Love it.

On the way, they will stop & eat breakfast too! Plus Papa’s knee’s will need to be stretched out & rested!

II called when I got in my car to leave and they were not that far ahead. They called back and told me they were stopping to eat breakfast at subway, I am just getting in to Madison FL, they are going to get me s bite to eat also! Breakfast at Subway…..yuck, and it was yuck to me! LOL!

While having breakfast, Kylie found a little time for shopping! Fire works for one!!! 

IMG_6239

We arrived at the river and met the owner! And yes the river is high and is a no wake zone. Too bad she did not bother to tell us that! Hmmm, what to do? Don’t launch the boat!

IMG_5836

We have a beautiful view!!!

IMG_5838

 

You can see the hanging basket of flowers in the tree! On the left!

IMG_6240

Well,  if we did not have all of the grand's and kiddos’, no problem….but we do and we will make the best of it!

Oh, and the mosquitoes are awful!

As I walked through the house I knew it was not very “kid friendly”! WB moved this immediately up and out of kids harm! I mean really??? And I walked and put pretties up out of reach of being broken!

IMG_6770

It is a very nice  clean house, and they come here often. But, if you are going to rent it for families, then make it more family friendly! Or maybe it is just our family!!! Then she wants the cleaning lady to come twice to clean------and check up on what is going on in her house. Some people just may not need to rent. They are to picky! Now, we have rented houses for years for vacation and not one time have I felt like I was being watched and had to be on pins & needles!!! We are talking William Sonoma mixing bowls, spatula's and dishes and such!!!

And oh, I looked out where WB was grilling and what was out there but a light pink Williams Sonoma mixing bowl, and no, they have no idea how much they cost…lol!!! Nor do I, but I can imagine!!! Don’t get me wrong, I like nice things also, but when I go on vaca, I want to relax and have fun!

I always clean the place before I leave, even though I have paid for the cleaning service I want them to know I appreciate their hospitality  and sharing with us! This place has no vacuum that you can use, it is locked up. And no way to mop in between when the maid comes. So, we are crawling around on our hands and knees picking up baked potato off the dining carpet where the grand’s and all of us ate! Really! I got WB to pick me up a little sponge mop so I could get the sticky off the tile in the kitchen, that is when you know you must mop!!! All because you want to check up on your house, maybe you just do not need to rent!

Sorry, I got a little a head of myself!

Ryan, Cayla & boys arrived shortly after we arrived. We all got unpacked, meet the neighbors & their niece and nephew.

Let the fun begin!!!

Winston & Ryan went to the grocery store, while we kept the kids, of course! But that is just fine with me!!! We played outside, we played inside!

The neighbors brought a little blow up pool out for the kids to play with and a slippy slide next door! I had bought a Little Tike beach ball sprinkler!

WB cooked a delicious meal on the grill and we added salad and a few other things to have a fine dinner!

Later the neighbor lady came and brought some fire works to share, guess who had to clean up that mess, yep…..me!!! I think she just wanted to check out the condition of the house too!

Any way, it was worth it for the grand’s!!! They had a good time!

Kylie did do a little art!!!

2012-07-03

Cayden loving some Orange Crush he got from Papa!

2012-07-041

Water fun!

2012-07-04

 

Winston cooked an awesome meal, as usual!!!

End of day one! We are ready for bed!

We decided to sleep down stairs because of Winston’s knee. Now, there are two day beds in this sun porch room and a window unit! And Kylie wants to sleep with me, on a twin bed, oh boy!!! After she fell asleep WB & I changed places because he knew I could not sleep with her on that little bed…..and he ended up on the couch in the den……lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive