“Princess Aubrey” Fairy Tale Ball

Every year the K-5 classes have a Fairy Tale Ball at school. They have to dress as one of the characters. This year the Ball had a very special meaning. It was in memory of a little girl who passed away a few weeks ago. She was in Kindergarten and was in Kylie’s K-4 class last year. She had nocturnal seizures. She was the sweetest little girl and she gave precious hugs!

First, they have a parade down every hall in the school! See the little girl in the middle, in the sparkly pink dress waving, she is our little princess!!!

0506121

Next, it was time for the ball! I am sure lots of time was spent preparing for this event!

050612

There was excitement for parents and grand's to be there! There was dancing and

0506122

pictures,

0506123

bounce houses, kiss the frog and food!!!

0506124

Crafts and Plinko and bean bag toss!

0506125

What fun!!!

Then after about 2 hours, it was time for the balloon release. Time to send lots of balloons and love to sweet Aubrey. The sky had cleared and it was just beautiful!

Aubrey's teacher talked about Aubrey and how she was our honored guess, how much she knew that Aubrey enjoyed the ball and that she was waiting to receive her purple balloons.  They had gathered the k-5 in a circle around the family. Each one of us received a purple balloon, her favorite color!!! I took Kylie’s crown off because I did not want hers to pop!

0506126

On the count of three…one, two, three!

0506127

It was a beautiful showing of love! After, we went back  inside and began waiting for them to go back to class. I saw Elaine, Aubrey’s Grandmother. She was a little older than I in school, but her parents farmed not to far down the road from us.

I saw her earlier but just did not know what to say and just kept putting off going and giving her a hug. I knew this was so hard for all of them. But, the regrets would have been even worse. So after wrestling with this during the ball, I made myself go and give her a hug. I did not know if she even would know who I was, but who cares!!! I went over and gave her a hug and told her I was praying for them and was so sorry. She hugged me back tight and said, that is all any of us can do! 

As I left I thought how blessed I had been to be a part of this! I prayed for all of them as I drove home.

Laura, Aubrey’s Mom, and I have talked through email quite a bit. I had pictures of her sweet angel from last year and wanted her to have them. So, an email and face book friendship began!

On one of her pictures on face book she tells about how on one of their many trips to Macon( to the Dr) and back…there was this beautiful sunset, Aubrey made her take a picture of it! Then she told her Mom….” when I go to heaven, I am going to paint the sky and make shapes out of clouds for everyone at home to see”!

Precious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive