Fun Times!

I kept two of the grand's so Cayla and Casey could go and find the boys Easter outfits. Kylie and Cayden stayed with me. Cayden has been sick for about 6 weeks off and on, running fever since Thursday afternoon. Poor kid, part of it is allergies!

Kylie brought me a book to read and I told her that she should try and read it because there were words in it that she would know. And that I thought she could read it, and she did! My eyes filled with tears as I watched her read almost every word in that book. My favorite part of teaching was when we would be in reading centers and those little 4 year olds would begin to sound out those words!!! It brought tears to my eyes then and still today! I guess because I know that a whole new world has just opened up for them, and for some it is harder and takes a little longer…but when they get it…success!!!

Kylie was so excited and proud. She still has a few sight words to learn….but the girl can read! Kylie, I am so very proud and excited for you!!!!

Kylie reading 2012-04-01

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive