Ocular Migraines

Yes, that is what happened this am. Have never heard of this, but it scared us. Having Amblyopia in one eye, and then the other eye begins not seeing clear-------makes for a sure fire panic.

I was finishing up Cayden’s feeding of  himself with runny grits, standing at the sink. I looked over at him and I could not see him clearly. It was not really fuzzy, it was like trying to see though the color-- dark gray. I was like, okay I am not seeing him. Then I looked at the wall and it had a  streak about 2 inches wide, long and curved. It was like  wavy line, colorful and reflective or moving. Okay, this is weird…but I was wiping off and cleaning counter tops. I went to read the back label to see what I could use this cleaner for and…….I could not see the first part of the word. PANIC!!! I really thought---am I getting Amblyopia in this eye? Is this the onset of it? I called the doctor and got in with him at Lake Park today and he was leaving early. It is 10:30 and I need to be there at 11:15, I have Cayden.

I called WB, told him to get home that I had a problem.

All I could think was: I will not be able to see my sweet grandbabies precious faces,   my son get married next year,  I will be a burden on everyone and no more picture taking! And the list went on, but these popped in first. I prayed that it be something else! That I would be able to handle it emotionally, no matter what….that is skeptical at this point!!! LOL!!!

Called Susie to keep Cayden, jumped in the truck and headed to Lake Park. I really think he needs to drive faster, but he thinks he is going fast enough!!! WB dropped me off and took Cayden to his Meme and Poppy’s.

As I sat there, it took all I had to hold back the tears. Having almost no vision in one eye has been dealt with all my life and I can handle that and its okay. But, this brings on a whole new worry! Oh the things that went through my head!

Doc checked out my eyes and told me that I had eye migraines. Okay, what is that? He explained it and WB got back in time to hear all of that…… What did we say??? Thank goodness!!!

I am sure some people would hate to know that they have this. (I have to chuckle at our response as I am looking back over this event!!!) But, I must say that I am feeling blessed that this is the worst of it. Blessed to have ocular migraines, yes in deed!!!

The good thing is they usually do not last but up to thirty minutes as far as the vision……they are migraines with out the pain….but I have had a headache today…hmmm!!! He told me it could happen while I am driving and that I would just have to pull over until it went away, boo for that part! He also told me that it was probably happening in my bad eye, but that I can see well enough to tell it. I agreed and told him, that was for sure…who knows what they eye is doing….he laughed!!!

He assures me this is genetic and if I dig far enough, I will find someone else in the family that has it! I think I found her!!! But, she has not told her eye Dr. about it!!!

Triggers for this migraine include: cigarette smoke, perfume and other strong odors, glaring or flickering lights, lack of sleep and emotional stress! It is not my cigarette smoke or perfume for sure….don’t smoke and nor wear! Some of the other’s-----possibility! Other Triggers----Choclate-busted, caffeine-busted, aged cheeses-not, smoked meats-not likely, MSG-?, artificial sweeteners-could be!

Blessed to have vision!!! Thank-you God for what vision I do have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive