Saturday, September Eleventh-I

Today is a day we will always remember at our house. First,  for all the lives that were lost and for their families. Second, on this day…I was having surgery in Augusta Georgia on this day nine years ago. When I went in all was fine, when I came out…well, tragedy.

Casey is still hurting some, but still a dull pain. She sent Bart on to go hunting, Kylie is here playing, I am going to a shower for a sweet young lady that I coached many years ago and I love her dearly! Can not believe she is old enough to be having  a little one!!!

As I am telling Casey that I am ready to go and for her to call me if she needs me….(she is sitting at my desk on the computer) She said, either I just wet my pants or my water is breaking, it is just a drizzle. I said, well maybe Isabella is on your bladder. Casey said, well I do not feel like I need to go. I said, well you may want to call and talk to them about it. She said, I will and I will call you. I told her I would not stay long, but I was supposed to help Cayla paint afterwards…she said I will call if anything is happening.

I leave, got in the interstate and she calls. They said I need to come up there and let them check this out. I said….do I need to get off at the next exit and come back home to get Kylie. No, Casey said,  I am taking Ky by to Amber and she can play with Hunter for a while. I am going to go ahead and wash my hair before I go and you go on to the shower! I told her to bring my camera…..I knew if I left it she would go on in to labor, we had been so prepared to weekend before for her and she is going  to wait for us to be unprepared!!!

I did go on to the shower!

We did not want to tell anyone because it could be a false alarm, and that is a pain anyway you look at it. I did tell WB. Cayla was at Grandma’s, and has been driving us crazy with call after call…anything yet? she would ask, oh man….I am tired of  waiting she would say. Over and over…so we did not want to false alarm her for sure…lol!

I went to a lovely shower and so many asked….no baby yet? No, not yet….but real soon I would say! If not today….then I feel for sure Monday! Tressie got many cute things and I was so glad I got an invite! And may I just say that she looked absolutely beautiful!!!! So sweet and exciting! I told them I enjoyed it and left after about an hour!

Had to keep myself from running to the car! Grabbed my phone and Casey and Bart were just dropping Ky off at Ambers. Amber was so sweet to help us out at this special time!!!

I called Cayla, she was waiting on me. I told her that I did not think we were going to be able to paint today. Why not? Well, your sister is on her way to the hospital…..what….oh boy…well come by here and get me cause I am going!!! I told her to meet me, she said, no…come get me!!!

So I did, and on the way I called Bart again. I asked if she was still leaking….he asked Casey, just as she was standing up….then I heard Amber say…let me get you a towel Casey…then I knew for sure that her water was breaking!!! Casey said….yes, my whole pants are wet!!!

I told Cayla to hurry and get dressed or I was going to leave her!!! She ran in and got her make-up and clothes, and off we went. She asked about the camera, I told her they had it with them!

We called WB, then on to SGMC. We got to the second floor waiting room, not a person there. CJ went, picked up the phone and they told us she was on her way up. In about 5 minutes here they came, up the elevator…at first they were just going to evaluate her, but once they talked to her….oh no, you are staying….of course we knew that!!! We called G-Ma, and Buffy and let them know!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive