08/21/2007

Today I did some bookkeeping, like everyday, took the dog out, ditto and laughed at Kylie chasing butterflies! It was so cute I had to video it!!! She also got her first ant bites, she did not cry, just stomped her foot. Had I not saw them I would not have known. We also got Papa to take us down to the train track & watch the train. I took pict. of course and the conductor waved at Kylie. She just looked at that big train. It runs right by our field so we get a close look!!! When I was little I remember loving trains. I was amazed to watch them on the track. I remember Santa bringing me one when I was little, it was metal, wish I still had it, but it would not stay on the track. I remember it making a whistle sound. I sat for hours & played with it. I also got tired of it not staying on the track!Ha! My Aunt Jean & Paula would ride to Tennessee on the one that used to leave Valdosta.....I just wanted to go with them so bad, just to ride on a train. Oh well, maybe one day I will take a trip on one!! My Mom's step dad was a conductor in New York.....Grandpa Steve. He was a big man with a deep voice, funny and kind! We only saw them once a year when they came through going to Florida, more about them later, but he had some train sets in his home mom said! Every time I see them set up in store I am drawn to them, even at my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive