The Day the lights went out in Morven!

Today I am just finishing up preparing for Easter dinner tomorrow. I am cooking and adding a few touches here and there.

We have a wedding late afternoon. A young man who we have known since he was a baby!!! So excited for him and his precious family!!! So I have to get things  done!

The tables and chairs are set up on the back porch when… I spot this lizard.For some reason I think he needs to be removed, since the porch is screened in and such…wouldn't want it to cause a stampede or anything!!!

There is a rocking chair right here, I have a wet cloth in my hand. I’ll just hop up here and smack at him, when he falls, I will put him outside. Right? WRONG!

This chair has a cushion in it, no problem, just a little swat that's all I need.  Up in the chair I go, need to inch a little closer……. take a step…….I believer the cushion flew and down we go (we as in chair and myself)! Backwards, not forwards! No way to catch myself!!! I hit the right side of my head near the base on the arm of a chair, I think about the same time my left rear cheek hit the concrete floor. Then the upper left arm and shoulder hit another chair on the way down!I know the concrete is near!
Finally…I have landed with a little bump to the other side of the head …..fade to black, not for long…..but fade to black!!!  

Oh boy I am in some pain….and all I could think was, I need one of those buttons that I can press….” help, i have fallen and I can’t get up”! Yes I am laughing and hurting…..near about everything is hurting!!! That was stupid, really stupid!!!

I decided I would just stay put for a few minutes, the floor was clean, nice and cool. Then I looked up and what did I see…that stupid lizard just staring at me and I am sure he was laughing!!!  As I was sprawled out licking my wounds, I pondered, how long would I lay here before my husband came home? I decide I may as well  peel myself up off the concrete, because it would be awhile!!! I am sure the outline of my body is still embedded!!!LOL!!!

Lesson learned…no climbing in rocking chairs any more!!! And if you are scared of lizards, stay off the back porch.

Next time….shoot him Elizabeth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive