Heading out for the SEC Tournament-Night 1

After Kylie’s party 2 cars full of family headed out to Nashville Tennessee. We are planning on trying to drive all night, but due to bad weather will probably have to cut the trip in half!

We stopped in Tifton and got Zaxby’s. Then stopped in Perry for potty break and allergy med for Kylie…lol we may not make it to Macon!!!

Some family members (not in our cars---lol) are having fits because of the weather and are scared we may get tired and not have enough smarts to stop! I guess that is a good way to explain it!

Well, I tell ya----I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree---but I am not completely in the dark! LOL! We were in touch with family members on the phone and with cell phone tech. were able to see the radar!

When we got to the south side of Atlanta, both of my ears popped and I knew there was a difference in the barometric pressure. So,  more chats on the phone with Todd our weather guide from the North! Casey pulled up the radar and we all decided we could make it to the North side of Atlanta. And guess what, we did! No rain or anything until we stopped and then it rained! I watched the weather until about one then off to sleep.

Day 2

Saturday, we hit the road about nine. As we are approaching Chattanooga TN, I saw a sign that said I-24 was closed-North and South bound lanes. I was like, did I read that right? Then a sign told a radio station to tune in to and listen….yep, I saw it correctly. We hit detour on the GPS and took that exit. We talked to some locals and power lines were down across both lanes because of the wind last night. Hmmm! We decided to get back on and go down a couple of exits and  then detour. Good choice!

We meandered our way with everyone else through downtown and came  out on the other side and got around much of the traffic.

We stopped once more to eat, etc. On to Paul and Lynn’s house! We rested about an hour, then on to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive