Happy 29th Anniversary in ST. Augustine!

January 6th was our 29th celebration! My husband decided we would spend it on a fishing trip. How ironic!

He wanted to go deep sea fishing so bad, and insisted that I go with him. Well, I'm always up for an adventure and besides I knew he would not want to go without me, it was our anniversary weekend trip! I told him to make sure it had a bathroom and it was big…lol! Other than that, I could deal with most anything!

We left Friday morning and stopped by Chic-fil-A! WB never wants to eat there! Thanks for the chicken mini’s, honey!

_MG_7350

I actually took a picture, because he does not like chicken that much!!! Back on the road!

We stopped by Gander Mountain and returned a gift. Then to the outlet mall to get the correct item!

Next, on to the hotel! Let me just say that down town traffic is horrendous in ST. Augustine, even in January!!! Then, there are these one way streets, and  we are in a truck and cars are parked all along them!

We find the hotel, but where do you park??? I just dropped WB off so he could find out where we need to park. I turned the next street closest to the hotel. It is a brick street and very narrow, with cars parked!!!

_MG_7365

Oh dear, and let me just say….when you are blind in one eye and driving a truck that you can really not see the right side front fender, well…it can be a little harry!!!  LOL! If he only knew how narrow it was. I just hit the curb on the left side once, hope the tire is ok!!! LOL! I can not find a street to turn down to go back around the block!

Phone rings, “Honey, you have to drive in the drive that goes under the hotel.”  Jill---“OK, dear, I will back in a few minutes, it is a looong block!!! LOL!!!

_MG_7516

For real??? Drive in here? LOL!!!

 

_MG_7408

Our Hotel, “Casa Monica” was beautiful all lit up at night!

I drive in, and they take our bags up for us! Someone just had to go and find the dock we were to leave from in the morning! That is a whole story in itself. I must have circled one area about three times!!! We finally found it and met our Captain and First Mate! Six-thirty will come early in the am!

_MG_7353

Cole and Josie arrived not long after we got back.  We all got dressed to go out to eat. My sweet husband rented a carriage for all of us! I must say that I was so thankful that I did not have to drive that truck!!! The guide took us around the town and was very knowledgeable about the history. It was great!!!

_MG_7418

Charlie Horse was this beautiful animals name. The guide said he did not have very good manners sometimes! He loved Josie!

_MG_7421

He gave her a kiss and then he tinkled like a five gallon bucket when we were standing right beside him, petting him! Yep, he was right…no manners!!! LOL! It was so funny!!!

_MG_7424

Notice the huge puddle!!! LOL!!!

The town still had their lights up and will until the end of January, then a town ordinance makes them take the lights down. It was just beautiful!

St Augustine1

St Augustine2

St Augustine3

Our carriage dropped us off at O. C. White’s for dinner. Then we just strolled along a couple of blocks back to the hotel. We did see a certain pirate that WB was intrigued with!!! ARR, Mate! LOL!!!

_MG_7547

A few afternoon shots!

St Augustine

We have to be at the boat at 6:30 am!!! It is dark and foggy!

It was rough on the way out, nothing to do but get in the cabin and lay down! Now, let me tell ya, going to the potty while riding those rough waves was like riding a bucking horse….hold on folks!!! Hahaha! One wild potty ride, probably installing a seat belt would be a good idea!

We rode for three hours before we stopped to fish! No land in sight….just don’t even tell me!

First we trolled, not a whole lot of action. But, finally WB hooked him a big Wahoo! It was a big one!

St. Augustine e

St. Augustine f

Then Cole got a nice one! Cobia!

St. Augustine d

St. Augustine c

St. Augustine g

Heading back to shore!

St. Augustine h

Josie holding up Winston’s Wahoo! We were proud!

St. Augustinek

Captain Robert cleaning one big ole fish!

St. Augustinel

The pelicans are happy!

St. Augustinem

St. Augustinej

St. Augustine i

What an adventure. I really did not want to go and do not know if I will go again, except I love watching people catch fish! They were so hard to reel in. It did not take long for us to be worn out! I really thought I might have to seek a plastic surgeon for repairs after this…lol!!! Gonna be sore!

Thanks to my husband for taking me and to Cole and Josie for coming along. That made it even more fun!!!

Now, back to the hotel. We drive up in that big truck and the guys that park the vehicles are just drooling over WB’s truck! One had already told me, that’s a nice truck! We pulled up again and another one asked me what size tires we had on it, and did we put a lift kit on it. I knew about the lift kit, but not the tire size! Guys!

Cole saw one of them taking it around the block, to park it of course…lol!! We all rested for a little while and then were to meet up for some dinner!!!

And somewhere in between this time, Cole finally proposed to Josie!!! Yeah!

She was so excited as well as the rest of us!!! I just wish I could have gotten some photo’s, but they are a little private and I so understand and respect that! We had a nice meal and then strolled back to the hotel.

Got up the next morning and had a nice breakfast and headed home.

What an exciting ending to a great weekend!!!

Also, as we are out of town , we get a call from Cayla telling us that Jenny is in the hospital as well as her Father-in-law.

I did not sleep much worrying about Martha and Jenny Lynn. We got news earlier that Randy would be ok. But I just hated that I was not their to help out….so I did not sleep either night very well.

But, all turned out ok! God is so in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive