Fiveash Wedding

A dear friend of mine is getting married, one of my girls ( ball players)! I told her and her Mom that I would help decorate and loan them my wedding stuff! A family member loaned my “stuff” to a friend of hers in September for her wedding. So, I had it sitting in a room at my house waiting for Sarah’s wedding. On the day her Mom was coming to get it, I decided I would open it and take a look. I knew it looked smaller than what I sent.

I am seeing red at this point!

First, they took apart two arrangements I had made and combined them into one, and it did not look better I might add! Second, the tulle was tied up in knots and just in a mess. Third, they smashed my bows!!! Now I had them in three containers, small-med-large. One would think you would return them as you found them….not. I had to fluff the bows up, put the tulle in the dryer and get the wrinkles out, re-make the flower arrangements. Diane and Marsha helped me and I was so thankful! But, my stuff will only be going to weddings that I attend and help take it down!!! And I will be the loaner!!! LOL!!!

Anyway, an outside wedding is a whole lot of work for sure! But Sarah and RJ had a gorgeous wedding and I felt so good to have helped! Cayla, Casey, Missy, Debra, Mickey and Jerry McMullen helped too! And my Mother-in-law….she is always at my side!!! Thanks to all of you!!!

I made a chandelier to hang at the pergola and some bows. I found some fern in the ditch that I wanted to use so I put my snake boots on, with my shorts and a hat, cut that on Friday and let it soak! I had planned on putting out the Sheppard's  hooks on Friday but they did not arrive on Friday!  When I arrived Friday afternoon, not one chair had been set up for rehearsal, so….check!!! That was a lot of chairs! Hung some hooks it the tree also!

Sat. morning comes. We arrive at my in-laws around 6:45 and begin cutting ivy from her tree, it is still dark…but we have a flashlight!!! On to Lake Park, arrival time 7:45! Still no truck with Sheppard's hooks! Cayla and I go ahead and set up the guest book table! Mickey and Debra arrive at 8:00. We begin hanging our greenery. Little Jerry comes and we think we are not going to have to attach the columns to keep them from blowing because it is not windy.

We get it decorated and I went to check out some other decor going on. At about 12:30 the wind picked up, began to blow over the columns, we had to call Jerry back. That meant we had to wrap the wood with tulle…..pull hair out!!!

Next, on to the reception hall. No plates were out of the bins, or glasses! Oh my, Thank goodness Brenda Hunter came by and Joyce was there!!! With the help of them and Cayla, we did get the items out of the bins and stacked. Then we had to go and get dressed and feed Cayla and Bentley!

We were back in about an hour and a half. It was a very sweet wedding for a very sweet couple. 

2011-10-15

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive