Way to go Kylie!!! She swam without her arms in swim  survivor class! Now, let me just say that we were given the heads up on this….and I fretted about it all weekend.

She was using her hands, like dog paddling here and there….they do not want this. Also, when she flipped, she was using her shoulder to flip herself instead of using her hips. So….I prayed for her this weekend, and myself…since I would be taking her come Monday!

We went and ate at Chic-fil-a and we talked about the teachers. I asked her if she liked them, of course she does! Then I said, you trust them too don’t you? Yes, she does. I am trying to prepare her without telling her what they will probably do today. I told her I agreed with her fully! That they were all doing a great job and that they take care of here students! The only thing she said was….they had not let her go down that slide yet!!! Too funny!

Here we go, on to class, MamaJ is nervous…but we can do this! In the pool she goes and they work with her for a few minutes, then…I see the teacher reach for the top of a wet suit…..oh boy, I just covered my face with her towel for a minute. Then I watched Ms. Margie put it over her head, told her not to worry about the arms, she did not them to swim with today anyway! Then she took the loose sleeves and just tied them together so they would be out of the way, Kylie is just grinning and looking like, this is crazy! But now, she can not use her arms and she must use the hip to flip. They warmed her up a little and she did great, she was smooth and relaxed…amazing! They have to retrain her brain to do it the correct way!

Today, she did not have to wear it, but they are going to move her to a longer class time two days a week.

Kylie has never really liked water in her face or ears, so she really wants and needs to learn how to be a good swimmer! She is well on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive