Kylie--- Ky. spent the night one night this week. On the way home from swim lessons, she told me this had been the best day ever. I asked her, Why? She said, “Because we got to be together MamaJ!” She was like, well….do you have to ask! It was so sweet and made my heart just fill with love…..it will be way to soon before it won’t be this way, she will be too busy for older folks….I will treasure every moment!!!  

Later that night we were watching a show she wanted to watch. I told her it was time for bed. She did get a few more minutes. Papa went to the den because he had his on show he wanted to watch. About the time I get her settled down, we hear him in the kitchen….then, she had to go to the bathroom. Now, she did not go to the one in our bedroom! No, she had to go to the one by the kitchen. I went to the door and hid and watched her.

She walked real slow watching her Papa, he did not have a clue she was out of bed. She went on to the bathroom, came out and stood over by the butcher block, where she could get a better view of what Papa was doing!!! He is still clueless!!!

Next he walks over to the toaster and is making toast, so I think! He has already been in the pantry and made his cereal. (She is not saying a word, just watching)

When he walks to the toaster, his back is turned to her….she walks on over to the counter where he was to check things out…..I am just giggling as I watch from behind the door. Finally, he sees her!!! They chat for a minute and she comes back to the room!

She said, “MamaJ, what is wrong with Papa?” (She is giggling!) “He was smashing up bread and putting it in the toaster????”  I am like, who knows….get in this bed and go to sleep!!!   

After she feel asleep I went into the kitchen and saw hotdog buns out and the bread box open. Then, it occurred to me that he thought we were out of bread! But, another loaf was in the pantry beside the cereal. He walked in the kitchen and I told him what she said!!! He laughed and said he was smashing the hotdog bun so it would fit in the toaster, lol!!! I said, you know there was another loaf in the pantry?

No, he did not know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive