One HOT Summer

It has been so hot this summer!!! It is time to plant for the fall crop, but it is so hot by 12:00 that the workers can hardly stand it. They get so much done in the mornings, but the hotter  it gets, the less than can physically do, and we understand. But, time is money and so…. this is what everyone agreed to try!!! (I was instructed to get some bright flashlights and lots of batteries! So I did!)

Plant real early in the am…..4:00 am to be exact, which means the hubby has to get up at 3:00 to have everything ready when they get here.  I just had to get some pictures, because this is a first at this farm…..so yes, I drug my hinny out of bed and made myself go and catch a bit of history!

Farm 2011

Here is the tractor with the pepper plants ready for the employees. This is Ronald Sutton (aka Booda) who has been with us for at least 16 years. We could not make it without him!

Farm 20112

This is what I saw as I walked up! They are happy because it is so much cooler!

Farm 20111

Hard, back breaking work! Many of these guys have been with us for years too! We could not do it with out them!

I would have to be crawling on my hands and knees, the ole gal ain’t what she use to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive