Columbus MS Trip

Left Monday morning for Columbus MS. Mom, Kylie and myself. It will be Kylie’s first funeral, but it is just mostly a memorial, a celebration of Uncle Charles life. Which I think is just great! I took Kylie to help out her Mom who has lots to do right now. This will be a quick trip because we are in the middle of packing produce and I have to be  back Wednesday to do the payroll!

Kylie has asked several times, how much longer is it? I hooked up a dvd player, she has some snacks, so she is pretty well set! She did really good on the way. It has been around 26 years since I have been to their house. I think I was pregnant with Cole when I went last! So, my how things have changed along the way!!!! We are staying in a hotel tonight because I just did not want to go in on them at such a difficult time.  They do no need to have worry about all of us!

We are staying about ten minutes from their house, which is nice and Kylie can swim for about an hour night. That will make her a happy girl!  

We arrived about 5:30 and went to visit until about 9:00. It was great to see them, Aunt Tommie and Kelly(who live within 30 miles or so of us) Kylie took to Shawn as all kids do! He watched cartoons with her and got some of his art supplies. He is an artist and she was checking out all if his work! Pretty amazing!!!

We headed back to the hotel and let Kylie go for a swim. She loved it and slept well!

Woke the next day, packed up the car, back to the Dickey’s house. Ate a little breakfast, visited. Uncle Charles's sister’s and nieces came around 12:00. They will stay with Aunt Ann tonight. Some are from Texas and some Louisiana. Kylie was introduced to them and then she asked them if they would like for her to show them around. LOL! She did and she started with Shawn’s art, then on to the restrooms!!! She is so funny!   

008

Uncle Charles’s niece and sister…forgot  names, sorry!

007

Sister’s and another niece. One of the sister’s grand-sons had just lived through the tornado in Tuscola Alabama.

004

Kylie (my grand), Claudette Griffis (Jimmy-brother to Annette and Tommie) Williams,  Annette Williams (Charles) Dickey, Tommie Williams (Charles) Mitchell. Sister’s and sister-in-law….but close as sisters through the years!

003

Aunt Tommie, my Dad’s sister.

034 copy

Aunt Ann, my Dad’s sister.

032 

Shawn Dickey, my cousin. Kylie loved him and they watched cartoons. He has many talents….photography and an artist…just to start!

014

Shawn explaining his art, Kylie is listening.

012

His Johnny and June Cash tribute.

039

My cousin Sharon Dickey, she is smart as a whip. Pharmacy is one of her talents and I  know she is involved in many more! Such a worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive