Snow Fun

Thursday, I heard on the news that South GA could possibly get some snow. I told WB that I would love to take Kylie to see some snow, he thought it was a great idea. We could go after he did his banking on Friday. We talked early Friday AM and I really thought we would just take a chance & stay home, we could get a little. Then around 10:00 I looked on the net & it said that Fort Gaines was getting snow already. WB called to make sure, yep they were! He came home & told us to get a suitcase packed. He had made a reservation at George T. Bagby  State Park.  Kylie and I threw some duds in the suitcase  and by 11:30 we were on our way! We drove through Wendy’s in Moultrie, got a meal on wheels & continued on our way.  Not seeing anything at Camilla, nor Leary….but between Leary and Edison…we began to see the snow on the side of the road…a little….made a stop in Edison at the DG (dollar general) to see if they had any rain boots for Kylie…not, but they did have a pair of gloves for me…we had Kylie some mittens…remembered those…just thought we could fine some boots or such!

Now we are really seeing some snow! I get out my camera, Kylie got upset…she forgot her camera…I let her take a few with mine…but it is a nice camera & heavy, I do not want it broken…she pouts. All the way to Fort Gaines…except she did eat a cupcake and that made her smile!!! We are experiencing icing on the road…put it in 4 wheel drive, that helped! When we got to Fort Gaines they had quite a bit of snow. We stopped at a jiffy store…Papa got Kylie 2 disposable cameras! Rotten!!! As we waited for him in the truck we rolled down the window….I told her to stick her hand out the window. The snow fell on her hand. She giggled and said, “ Mema J, What is this stuff? Snow baby snow!

We also made another stop at a DG…no boots…they do have chips, and lots of snow. I rolled down my window and said aloud…Oh, I have to get a picture of this. Then we hear a little echo from the back as another window is rolled down….I need to get one of this too!!!   2010-02-152

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive