Who has Free Vegetables?

I truly do not understand people…and I do not mean family, that will come to your farm and think that you should just give them free produce. I mean…hello….this is how we pay our bills..does anyone else get free groceries??? I have not received any free groceries at the stores when I go, have you??? I wonder if we gave away all of our crops if God would pay our bills. Would he give us a miracle? Now, don’t get me wrong. If a there is a needy family or a widow that needs food, we would be thrilled to assist them, and we do…every crop we do help a widow or two, etc. And if a family is having problems you can bet we will help all we can. This is the thing, those are not the people who are taking advantage, it is the ones who  have plenty! One lady came, brought her friend & began to load up the back of her truck. Another man came, stopped by the squash field on his way in and stole a few squash…those are his words, not mine. Then wanted just three zucchini…that is not worth my time leaving the house for…never offered a cent..not one! Might I add that  the squash market has been awful this fall & we just hope we break even!  Which means we will need to recoup $3000.00 per acre for squash grown on plastic and $2000.00 per acre for the squash grown on bare ground! OK, I got it off of my chest! Enough said!!!

3 comments:

  1. you should have made him pay you mom!!! if we cant get free stuff at the grocery store they shouldnt get free vegetables... not right next time holler at me and il fix it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we will be rewarded in another life...and hope we make it to through to another crop! Hee Haw!

    ReplyDelete


My Blog List

Blog Archive