Rosea Jelly

Posted by Picasa A few years ago, a widowed neighbor, who is a dear friend of mine, gave me some jelly. It was so good & I had never had any like it before. I asked her what kind it was & she said...rosea. I had never heard of rosea before! She told me she had some bushes planted. I told her to call me when she got ready to make some more, because I wanted some & I wanted to see what rosea looked like! She called last week & told me the rosea bushes were ready. I went one afternoon, but the blooms were closed up. I snapped a few pictures of the rosea & went back the next morning to catch the blooms open. She told me that you actually pick the fruit, peel the purple part off, boil those & the inside green part...you can let dry & plant it. Pretty neat. I bought the sugar & some more jars so she could put me some off. We kind of trade off some produce & such. Thank-you Ms. Wilma

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive