Happy 25th Anniversary!

It is unbelievable that we have been married 25 year! Where have the years gone? I must say it has been quite a journey. Good times and challenging times, but all worth it. Things I remember about our wedding day. Going to get our hair fixed....together, I believe it helped calm our nerves spending the day together! My hair was a little to poofy to my liking so I went home & rewashed it & fixed it myself before the wedding. Winston & I were laughing & then I think I was on the verge of tears!!! I remember riding to the church with my Dad. He told me he did not think he was going to be able to talk at the wedding. His throat was real dry....nervous about giving one of his girls away, I know! I told him that he would do fine and all he had to say was her mother and I....he said...I know, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to say it!!! We laughed & he went to the Jiffy Store for some candy to help his throat. At this time I am just ready to get this done! My Mom was busy, along with all the ladies at church, preparing for the reception....it was great! The food was delicious!!! My Mom also was out getting a special gift for me, I had no clue. They gave me a beautiful strand of pearls! I love them still to this day! Winston tux was to small, he had gained a little weight & did not go get remeasured, we told him to! Now why his shoes were to small I do not understand, but his feet were miserable & his pants to tight, poor thing! He was tired of having pictures taken especially under the garment issues! I must say we were both exhausted by the end of the wonderful day! We had to choose a date that would be around Jerry's college and basketball schedule, we didn't want him to miss this day! So we were married on a Thursday night. Deland Guthrie had to have an appendectomy, he was going to video for us , but his appendix had another idea!!! We left Winston's truck in a field so no one would find it, we did not want to have to clean his truck before we left so late at night. I believe my Dad took care of the care for us the next day. Winston was a great help for my family with the flowers at the wedding. The florist found out he painted, so they worked out a deal with some of the flowers. I had picked out what I liked, which was very simple, when I walked in the church, I was blown away.....way more flowers than what I had chose! After mingling with out guests & saying our good-byes we began our new journey together. We went to Jacksonville Fl. & stayed at the Colson's Condo, that they so graciously offered to us! Oh yes, my new husband brought his guitar so he could serenade me, lucky me...right! Weddings are so much work. They can not be completed without a small army of friends and family. To all who helped this day be special & complete...thank-you from the bottom of our hearts! We have not celebrated our 25th with anything special as of yet, I did get a beautiful silver necklace that I will cherish forever! We just have been tending to our family so far this year and decided that we would celebrate at a later date! I thank the Lord for my best friend & soul mate. He has truly blessed my life! To see our wedding pictures, click on 1/06/1983 on the side bar!!! Oh, my my where have the years gone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive