Doctors Appointment

Today we go to see Doctor Bearden at 9:30. I must say, her knee looks bad & several who have had ACL tares have told me it does not sound good! Well, I know this, but I just want a miracle for her! The news was not what we wanted to hear at our visit today. After examining her knee, he told her that the ACL was torn. He could not tell about the meniscus, she was to tender in that area. He will check it next week. She nor I could hold back the tears when he gave us the devastating news. My heart is just aching for my baby girl. I knew he was going to tell us this news, but until we had to hear it,we could still have hope! Her senior year of sports, has now come to and end, no chance for soccer this year! He told her that it will stop hurting! He could put a brace on it & let her go. If she does this at her young age, & because she is so active, then when she is 40-45 years of age she will be looking at knee replacement! Also, if the meniscus is not torn & she gets to active, it will be at a great risk of being injured because she has no ACL to help stabilize it! She went to school, it was not pretty. She could not hold back the tears & disappointment! My heart broke as I had to watch this unfold! Some of her friends & teachers rallied around her to give their love & support! I appreciate them so much! Her soccer coach said, I will have to talk to her later....I am going to cry right now! So many friends, teachers, and family have been disappointed for Cayla too! You just hate to see such an injury for such young kids. Dr. Bearden said.....6 months recovery! No words can express the disappoint that we are feeling at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive