11/04/2007

Well, I just had to tell about today. Our Cayla signed up to donate blood after church today! I was a little shocked & proud!!! I have never given my blood freely! Her Dad has, many times! Any way, we drove 4 vehicle's to church today, including Casey! Cayla had ball practice, I needed to go to the grocery, Winston golfing & Casey had her own errands! After church Cayla headed to the vampire room, her Dad helped her get situated. Then he asked if I wanted to go & eat. Casey was staying with Cayla. The more I thought about myself & how I react to the vampire's, I decided I needed to stay with Cayla also! I went to wait with her. They finally get her signed up, you even have to take your own line & bag from the question station to your chair!!! Yuck! They got her hooked up & going, she did fine. We were over talking about those of us who faint & all, Casey & I start feeling sick just talking about it!!Whimps!! Casey said we needed to stop talking because she felt sick just sitting in there, so did I. I told her we should get some tea, they feed the families that give, we were family!!!Hee! Then we look over & she is leaned back in the chair, Earl is talking to her, we go over to check on her, yep....she is her Mother's child!!! She was fine until they removed the needle! Then she got weak! She got up , we told her to eat, she got chips, tea. She sat down, ate a chip felt sick. We go to the ladies room, had a couch, lay down & put feet up! We got some fluids in her & after about 30 min. she felt some better! Now, we did not know she needed to drink lots of fluids before giving! Lesson learned! She said, "I want my blood back!" She also got a sticker that said first time blood doner....Casey said, "& the last!" Yep, won't do that again! She did not feel like driving, so we took Casey's car to the mall, back to church, pick up my car! They went to mall to get pants & then to ball practice, but she did not practice! So if you want to give blood, have a driver, drink lots of fluids, eat before, plan to rest afterwards! Cayla, we are very proud of you for wanting to help others!! I would like to try, but maybe when no one else is around!!!

2 comments:

  1. mom you make it sound like im property.... "our cayla" haha its aight though yeah umm i dont kno but im gettin my blood back asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! good luck trying on getting your blood back!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete


My Blog List

Blog Archive