Destin 08/01/2007

Martha, Jenny, Kylie and myself went to Destin. Jenny has been talking about Destin for 3 years. She can now say, I went to Destin!!! Jenny did not think we were ever going to get there! She said her bottom hurt, she needed to go to the bathroom and where or when are we going to eat!!! Note: she did real well with a little one with us, she was very understanding and sweet! Martha, did you bribe her?!! She was so funny! We stopped 3 times on the way down!!! It was so funny!!! She also wanted to know if we were gonna have to listen to that the whole way there.....Kylie was watching a DVD!!! Note, that Martha and Kylie are in the back, I'm driving & Jen is riding shotgun!!! I told her as long as Kylie was awake we would have to play the DVD so Kylie would not cry!!She said, Oh! She did real good though!! When Kylie fell asleep we did listen to some of her music, her choice was gospel to begin with! After arriving, we hauled everything up & down the stairs! The stairs were a problem for Kylie!!!I decided it was best for us to stay downstairs! We got on our suits, headed to the beach. Jen said the water was not cold!!! She liked that! This was Kylie's first trip to the beach. She loved the sand and ocean. She tried to stick her face in the water! Martha had to hold on to her while I tried to snap a few pictures. She was not scared a bit! She met a family there, they had 2 boys & she liked them, but she liked their Mom the best!! She just went right up to her & gave her a hug! They dug & made castles in the sand. The manager at the condo we stayed at had a Great Dame. He was nice, but big. He liked Kylie & she him. Now Jen just kept her distance, she doesn't care for dogs, you know!!! Well, the next day I heard a knock at the door. Jen & Kylie were in the room. A man is at the door with that big ole dog! He saw the dog out loose thought it might be ours! Before i could say no that dog make a b-line to the bed room where Jen & Kylie were. Here I am with a stranger at the door, a 17 month old shorter than the dog, & Jen who is scared of dogs!!!I didn't know if I should slam the door in the guys face, save the girls, or try & tackle the dog, I really needed to do all three!!!Ha! Jen, got up on the bed, Kylie was saying ruff ruff and I am saying, oh no, come her dogie!!! While I am chasing after the dog!!! Note: while all this is going on, Martha is upstairs talking to Emmett on the phone!!Hee! She said , "Jill, you should have hollered for me!!!I assured her there was not time! Ha! We did get the dog back to it's owner. She was gone & did not how he had gotten out. As tall as he is, he probably turned the door knob, or jumped out the balcony!!! Next Episode: While at Destin we had to pick up Cayla, she & Miranda were there with the Murphy's, helping Megan with the baby!( School started on Mon. so she had to get back.)Julie wanted us to go and eat with them one night. It was a place on the water, nothing but a shack, but good food! We followed them there, got our food ordered. Megan wanted to eat on the pier, tables, umbrellas & it was fenced in. No problem..... except I notice this huge cloud!! I said, "Julie have you noticed that cloud?", no but they are pretty fast serving so maybe we will be o:k! Well, let me tell ya, we all received our food, took one bite, and the bottom fell out. We had strollers, babies and our food to get inside. The problem was , all the smart people had taken the seats inside!!!Ha Ha Ha!!! Most everyone got their food & ran!!Martha!!!!I had Kylie, her plate, my plate, her cup & her in my arms!!!I had to leave my drink on the table!!!We are all laughing of course!!! We stood inside for a little and decided we would just eat in the cars....it is still pouring....I decided to go on & get my car, pull it up as close as possible. I just took my shoes off & tried to run to the car. At the point where the pier meets the land, there is an ankle deep puddle! I just ran right on through it. I am drenched! Pulled my car up, here comes Julie, I take her to her car, gave her the umbrella I found in the car, she pulls her car up to load her Grand baby. When she hit the puddle....you know the ankle deep one...she lost her shoe!!!Too funny. She was not the only one, I watched 3 others loose theirs, too! After we all got loaded up, everyone wet...we just ate in the car!!!My sweet Mother-in-law went back in & got me a drink!!! We looked like wet rats! Jen said, I am soaked! I told her to join the crowd!!! She laughed! Before we left it had cleared up! We decided to go by & get some ice cream, Kylie loves Chocolate yogurt!! I got two bites & she ate the rest!!! We did get to the Outlet Mall before we came home!!! We ate hot dogs at the mall, Jen was hungry ya know!!! All that shopping makes you hungry! We packed up the car, to the top & headed home. While we were in Destin, it rained quite a bit at home. Our roads were very muddy with deep ruts. We felt it best for Martha & Jen to go out the back way, it had some puddles but no deep ruts, her car sits low to the ground! I told her to get on through the puddle, not to stop. Well, she called & said she needed help, she was stuck. I tried to drive it out, but is was stuck. Winston came & had to lay down in the mud to wrap a chain around the axle. We pulled her out backwards & then I drove her through the puddle!!! It was quite a sight! Winston just shook his head & laughed!!! Of course we were wetting or pants we were laughing so hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List

Blog Archive